Caballos Marvão offers a variety of routes. The minimum is one hour and the maximum is set by our riders. These are some of the most recommended. Talk to our guides to find out which one suits you the best.
1. Cross-border route on horseback or carriage for adventure lovers, with a visit to the rock cave of Puerto Roque and sighting of a colony of vultures near the Portuguese border. Snack at the end of the climb. Back, relaxing moments to discuss the experience in front of a good dish of ham black leg of acorn, cheese, chorizo … and Extremadura wine.
2. Horseback riding through virgin landscapes to the river Sever, stopping at a natural pool. We will take a small snack during the break. We will continue to the Fontañera (town located on the same border) where we can have lunch in a rural house located in an idyllic setting.
3. Horseback riding through the dolmens through our magnificent landscapes. Appetizers.
4. Horseback riding along the Camino de las Aguas, with a visit to the Roman aqueduct of Valencia de Alcántara and the dolmens. Appetizers.
5. Route on horseback or by car passing through Portagem (where the river pool is located) and the Olhos d’Água, bordering the river Sever (natural border), stopping at the excavations of the Roman ruins of Ammaia. Appetizers.
6. Route of Contraband, used until not long ago by those who passed products between one country and another, to improve their way of life or simply survive. Half-way appetizers to regain strength.